Thursday, December 3, 2009

Perhaps an introduction is in order

Welcome to the inaugural post for my new blog, Constructive Cynicism.

I'd like to use this blog as a way to practice my writing. I plan to get published one day, but first I need to stop sucking. Thus, I created a blog for me to post my writings, fiction and nonfiction alike, with the hopes that I can get some constructive feedback in the process.

So, what can you expect from this blog? Randomness, essentially. Sometimes I'll use it as a sort of journal. Other times, I'll just rant about stupid topics. And still other times, I'll share my works of fiction. Occasionally, I will give after action reports of video games that I'm playing.

A few warnings before we begin: This blog may contain foul language. If you are among the seven remaining individuals on the planet who find the word 'fuck' shocking, there may be problems. This blog will also contain blatant Star Wars fanboyism, disdain for snobbery of all sorts, use of snarky vernacular to refer to highbrow subjects, highbrow language used to refer to pointless minutiae, and annoying rants about the nature of the artistic merit of video games and genre fiction.

This blog will hopefully NOT contain any politics. While I have an actual political stance, I'd like to avoid degenerating this blog- which exists primarily for fun- into political screeds. I reserve the right to make potshots at people I dislike, but I'm going to try to keep these to a minimum.

Also, I am fully aware that having a blog does not, in fact, make me more important, so I grant you readers the right to bitchslap me if I get too full of myself.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment